Forest fires from neighbouring areas have resulted in a haze over Singapore. Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Sneezing and running nose
- Eye and skin irritation
- Dry throat and cough
- Bad headaches and dizziness
- Asthma attacks, chronic lung disease and chronic sinusitis
If you experience any of the above symptoms, it is time to learn to protect your health from the hazardous effects of haze and pollution.
Common questions regarding haze:
1. What are some haze induced health problems that can be expected ?
The current haze related health problems are generally mild and can be treated easily. Eye irritation may be relieved by applying normal saline eye drops which can be purchased from any pharmacy or medicine shop. Mild sneezing, running nose, dry throat and dry cough can be relieved by cold tablets or cough mixture.
2. Can the haze affect me even if I stay indoors?
During a smoke haze, the fine particulates enter an air-conditioned building through the fresh air intake and by infiltration through openings and gaps. The particulate levels indoor can thus build up to unacceptable levels. This could have undesirable health effects on the occupants of the building and adversely affect the efficiency of the air-conditioning system.
3. Would the use of air-cleaning devices be helpful during the haze?
In homes, portable air cleaners are an option. These are compact, stand-alone appliances designed to keep the particulate levels of an enclosed space low. Several models of air cleaners have been found to be able to reduce the level of fine particles in a typical bedroom to an acceptable level during a smoke haze.
For air as clean and refreshing as those in the alpine mountains, choose OSIM iLife.
- Award-winning air purifier
- Revolutionary Multi-action, Tru-air purification system
- Uses UV catalytic filter, true anti-bacterial HEPA filter
- Uses fresh mesh filter and high absorbent deodorizer
- Emits negative ions into the outgoing air to clean it
How does iLife work?
1) Multi-Action Tru-air Purification
2) Negative Ions for Better Well-Being
Nature’s most powerful cleaning agent is none other than negative ions. After a rain or high up in the mountains, the air is clean and has a distinct sharpness. That’s because of a higher concentration of negative ions in the air.
Negative ions clean air by clustering to positively charged contaminates and inactivating them. Particles (as small as 0.01 micron) which are small enough to pass through most filters are inactivated by these ions.
In addition, negative ions also speed up oxidation of serotonin in the blood stream and impart a sense of calm and well-being.
OSIM iLife harness the benefits of negative ions with its ioniser as it emits negative ions to balance the ratio of ions in the air.