Did our previous post inspire you on what to buy for Christmas? If not, here are 5 more gift ideas that you could consider.
6. For your mother/ mother-in-law
Do you still remember our endorsers for uKimono and uKimono Mini slim belt massagers?
An expanding waistline is sometimes considered the price of getting older. For women, this might be especially true after menopause, when body fat tends to shift from the arms, legs and hips to the abdomen. Yet an increase in belly fat can do more than make it hard to zip up your jeans. Muscle mass gradually diminishes with age, and fat accounts for a greater percentage of your weight. Less muscle mass also decreases the rate at which your body uses calories, which can make it more challenging to maintain a healthy weight or lose excess pounds.
In addition, many women notice an increase in belly fat as they get older — even if they aren’t gaining weight. This is likely due to a decreasing level of estrogen, which appears to influence where fat is distributed in the body. The tendency to gain or carry weight around the waist — have an “apple” rather than a “pear” shape — can have a genetic component as well.
The OSIM uKimono patent-pending Duo+ Technology combines OSIM’s signature Twin Power Osimotion with kneading massage to let you target your tummy, butt and thighs with one-touch programmes developed by Japanese shiatsu massage expert. It helps to enhance circulation to help eliminate waste and fluid retention and increase basal metabolism that further burns fat even while at rest.
Want to maximise the effectiveness of uKimono? Watch this video to see how yoga instructor – Lulu combines yoga movements with our uKimono.
CURRENT PROMOTIONS for uKimono/ uKimono Mini Slim Belt Massager
uKimono Mini+uMist Baby+uSnooz Massage Wrap @ $168 (UP$294)
uKimono @ $238 (UP$328) + FREE uKimono Mini (worth $138)
7. For your colleague
You see your colleagues the most (8hours for 5 times a week). We also know how much time we all spend in the air-conditioned office. According to AsiaOne, about 70 per cent of Singaporeans complain of dry skin, and this could be partly because of the popular habit of turning on the airconditioning. Prolonged use of air-conditioning can even cause:
– Dry eyes: Moisture easily dries off in an air-conditioned room and those who use computer for long stretches at a time stare at the screen often and blink less, which may expose the cornea to more dry air in a room with air-conditioning.
– Allergies: Lack of moisture may block the glands at the base of eyelashes and this can lead to swelling. Some people may even suffer from small abrasions in the cornea because of insufficient moisture in the air.
Therefore, having moisture is essential for your office since your colleague is spending so much time in the office. Some of the benefits of having a humidifier in your office:
1. Prevents and relieves dry and scratchy lips and skin
2. Moisten the air which helps eliminate flu, cough, and cold symptoms
3. Moist, humid air helps reduce nosebleeds
4. Helps asthma sufferers as the improved air quality moisturizes the respiratory system
5. Added moisture allows the throat and nose to block dust and bacteria from entering
6. Increases oxygen levels, thus reducing headaches, fatigue, and overall tiredness
7. Prevents static shock by reducing the static electricity in the room
Moreover, our uMist Baby uses ultrasonic technology which simply means it uses sound wave energy, vibrating at very high frequency, to break up water into extremely fine mist. The fine mist evaporates easily to humidify your room more quickly and effectively.
P.S. Our uMist Baby can cover up to 20sqm, which means buying for your colleague means you can “use” it too!
CURRENT PROMOTIONS for uMist Baby Humidifier
uMist Baby+ uKimono Mini + uSnooz Massage Wrap @ $168 (UP$294)
Best Buy: uMist Baby @ $68 (UP$88)
8. For your grandparents
As we age, our blood pressure increases as well. Therefore, it is important for us to take control of your blood pressure as early as we can.
Some of the causes that lead to high blood pressure are:
– Smoking and Alcohol: Tobacco use and alcohol can drastically increase your blood pressure. The best way to prevent this is to sustain from using tobacco or drinking alcohol. If you do not desire to do this, you can try limiting your use of tobacco and alcohol consumption. .
– Overweight: Being overweight will also drastically increase your blood pressure.
– Physical Inactivity: Exercise can help lower your blood pressure. Try doing at least thirty minutes of physical activity every day. If you cannot set aside thirty minutes at one time, try doing ten minutes at a time.
– Stress: Yes, stress can raise your blood pressure. If you find yourself stressed every day, consider doing something to help you relax and de-stress.
– Your Diet: If you have an unhealthy diet, this could be the cause of your blood pressure increase. Try to limit your salt intake, introduce more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and try to eat less fat, etc.
– Sleeping Disorders: This is because your breathing is interrupted while you’re sleeping. You can fix this by talking with your doctor about medication to help you sleep.
Monitoring blood pressure at home offers several benefits. It can:
– Help make an early diagnosis of high blood pressure: Helps your doctor diagnose high blood pressure earlier than if you have only infrequent blood pressure readings in the doctor’s office.
– Help track your treatment: Self-monitoring provides important information between visits to your doctor. The only way to know whether your lifestyle changes or your medications are working is to check your blood pressure regularly. Keeping track of changes can help you and your health care team make decisions about your ongoing treatment strategy, such as adjusting dosages or changing medications.
– Encourage better control: You gain a stronger sense of responsibility for your health, and you may be even more motivated to control your blood pressure with an improved diet, physical activity and proper medication use.
– Cut your health care costs: Home monitoring may cut down on the number of visits you need to make to your doctor or clinic. This can reduce your overall health care costs.
To check if you have a healthy blood pressure, you can refer to the below diagram.
CURRENT PROMOTIONS for uCheck 200 Blood Pressure Monitor:
Trade in any OSIM BP monitor and get 25% off usual price for uCheck 200 at any of our outlets islandwide.
9. For high-heels fanatic
Almost all women seems to can’t get enough of high heels. It is true they look great – legs are lengthened, ankle looks thinner and they exaggerate the feminine form. However, do you know what are some of the long term effects of wearing high heels? Inflamed nerves and ligaments, shortened Achilles tendon and calf muscles, hammertoes, bunions, corns, ingrown toenails, and even posture. Not to mention our feet and balls of our feet feel so sore after wearing a day of heels.
With uPebble foot massager, it is so convenient you can use it anywhere (office, home, your friend’s house, etc). Just 15 minutes a day can help your feet feel better and promote blood circulation while loosening tense muscle tissues. With this massage targeting your vital reflex points on your soles, it benefits the corresponding organs in your body.
See this diagram to see which vital points on your soles corresponds with which organs in your body.
With 5 auto massage programs, the uPebble automatically gives you a well-balanced massage for quick and effective relief of muscle aches and strains not only for your feet, but also your ankles, calves, arms or palms.
CURRENT PROMOTIONS for uPebble foot massage:
$88 best buys: uPebble @ $88 (UP$208)
10. For the one who reads a lot
Have you seen our latest post on the high prevalence of myopic children in Singapore?
With a high percentage of 34% in Singapore children suffering from myopia, it goes to show that many Singaporeans do not take good care of their eyes/ eyesight.
Studying, playing computer games and reading in poor lighting all puts extra stress on our eyes. According to experts, eyes are what first show the signs of ageing. Puffiness, dark circles, red eyes, wrinkles are all a part and parcel because the eye is so delicate. The skin near the eyes is the thinnest and there is no oil gland around which is why it is also prone to dehydration. Therefore, not only do we have to take the necessary preventive measure by practicing good eye habits, we also have to learn to relax our eyes. Some benefits of regular eye massage:
– Great at stimulating nerves
– Increasing blood circulation which helps in dark eye circles
– Invigorating the muscles and tissues.